Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Blessed Beyond Measure

I guess I need to get better at this whole blogging thing. I keep a journal at home, and I have come to love writing my frustrations down (plus it's easier to revert back to 'the facts' when an ole spat arises!), but it's very hard to keep up with the writing-down thing for you public folk. So...let's see what I can sum up in an update for today...



Northeast Louisiana Cancer Institute

The new job continues to seem too good to be true; It's been 10 weeks being here already, and I couldn't be more blessed to work with such wonderful people. There have been numerous occasions where I thought myself to be in a crunch; whether it was needing time off, financial binds from being off, or just needing additional flexibility in my schedule. And miraculously, they have pulled through every-single-time. PTO accrual does not begin for me until my 90-day probationary period is over, and even still - the time off I have had to take has been paid to me in full; every minute of every single hour. I truly feel blessed beyond measure.




My Scotty B


And then there's this little booger! Scott and I started our little journey in October of 2011, and it has been a sweet ride! I have had some experiences in the past, and let me just say: I certainly believe we were two peas made for the same pod! In the past, I have been content; I have settled. I've been 'mediocre happy'. I've faked it 'til I felt it, and I've not felt it at all. I have thought to be beyond happy that felt there was no level above what I was. But indeed, there was! I can honestly say, Scott is not only a generic boyfriend; He is my best friend and my buddy. He watches out for me and takes care of me. He includes me and always thinks of me. Granted, he is a man; so all of the above may not happen the exact way I plan, but one thing is for sure; I now see the glass half full. I give credit where it is due, because it's not everyday that you find someone who keeps you smiling for no reason at all! He makes my heart smile, and yet again, I truly feel blessed beyond measure!




Carnival Cruise Line, Take me Away!


 
This is what I was screaming a week ago today! I took my first cruise last week, and it was such an experience! I was very hesitant about it, because I was invited by a co-worker, who was invited by her best friend. I only knew my co-worker, and there were 14 of us reserved to go.


We all met up last Thursday morning to head to NOLA to board the ship, and the women who all went were a complete hoot! Of course, I had a few episodes where I was homesick; I missed Scott like crazy and was completely bummed that I couldn't call or text anyone. The time on the trip flew by (as all vacations do), and it was definately a girl's trip for the books! We certainly had a blast! I'm so glad I got to go, and for getting to experience a cruise and a day in Mexico, I am extremely blessed beyond measure!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Well, my family is weird, just like yours. And if you say you don't have a weird family, then you are a liar. And you're weird for thinking your family isn't weird (which actually, makes you and your family weird).
Mom finished OTA school last Monday, and I'm starting to think she is more stressed now than she was when she started. Buuuuut, that's another story for a long coffee day with an extra shot of Rx Percocet...

Pops is doing well, just Project Managering it up at Fibrebond - nothing too exciting to tell here.
Mynion, Elleigh and Steel are just as spoiled as the day is long, and each of them know it and milk it with every opportunity they can. But I love my babies and I love my family. I thank God everyday for the greatest weird family there is, and to have them in my life makes me feel blessed beyond measure!

 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment