Monday, August 20, 2012

Effort Is Starting To Drain Me

How is one to live a moral and compassionate existence when he is fully aware of the blood and the horror that is inherent in it; when you find darkness not only in your culture, but eventually with the people around you and even within yourself? If there is such a stage at which one's life becomes truly 'adult', it must be when they finally grasp the irony in the unfolding of their life and what is actually expected of them. Is this where they accept responsibility? Even at the point of realization when it’s for a life lived in the midst of such paradox? I’m not saying issues are purposely brought upon oneself -- or are they? I now understand why we must live in the middle of contradiction and just and wait until it's our time to gain….or decease. Think about it - if all contradiction were eliminated at once, life itself would collapse...but would that be such a horrible thing in the end? The waiting game brings upon my impatience...

I've found, there are simply no answers to some of these great pressing questions. No matter how hard it is, you have to continue to live them out. You have to make your own life a worthy expression of learning – you cannot expect someone else to be involved in that process with you. Though it seems lonely back there, sitting on the back burner has its perks. Even the smartest, most intellectual psychologist/psychiatrist cannot begin to touch on the relation with one's own deepest thoughts, emotions and outlook on their own life. It's my life - I'm obviously the only one who can truly understand it; even as hard as I try to beg someone else to understand.

Three passions have governed my life: the longing for love, the continued search for knowledge, and the unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind. In the findings of love, I have seen (in a mystic miniaturized version), the described vision of heaven. They say love brings ecstasy and surprisingly, is supposedly guaranteed to relieve loneliness. With a more equal passion, I have found knowledge along my journey in life; as I have wished to understand the hearts of mankind and reasoning behind their thoughtless words and actions. I often sit and wonder why the stars always feel free to shine so bright at night, seeming to give a false envision of hope for what lies ahead.

However, my cup continues to runneth over with much love and knowledge, and I am constantly directed above to seek my life answers. And although I feel very blessed at times, somehow pity always slams me back to earth, and pain repeatedly reflects in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment