Wednesday, August 15, 2012

First Timer: And Here We Go!

So, I'm a little new to the Blogspot world - Although, I do quite a bit of writing at home to clear my mind after a hectic day, I have always believed in putting your feelings and emotions on paper. Publicizing these feelings and emotions is a little scary, but like my Momma once said to me in a very trying time in my life: "Your story may let others know they are not alone in a certain situation. Plus, it's better to vent on paper so that you avoid saying things you regret or do not mean to the person who you are angry with." And I don't know if you are aware, but Momma is always right.

I was raised by my wonderful Mother and Father, and though I thought I had it so bad back then, I look back now and am very grateful for my childhood. I may remember being grounded my entire teenage life, but boy do I remember the beach trips, the zoo trips, theme parks, water parks, dance competitions, cheer camps, clogging vacations, parties, bonfires, pep rallies, football games, basketball games, 5th quarter dances, my first kiss in a pick-up truck in the woods, riding the strip downtown, skip day at school, Jr/Sr Wars, and falling in love. Yes - I can honestly say, I experienced being in the "L" word in high school. Oh yeah - and God forbid the stuff I need not further mention...Love you Momma. :)

Of course, there are times I wish I had been able to attend the school dances my Freshmen year. And there are times I wish I wasn't grounded on my Sweet 16th Birthday. There are also many, many times I wish I had done/handled things differently with my family and my relationship(s). But you know what they say (and it's hard to hear); "You live, and you learn."

I have definitely learned, alright: a lot of things, I have learned the hard way. I have loved another with my whole being, and I have lost every inch of it in an instant. I have always and will always take the blame for one, and the other was in God's glorious plan. I was also raised to never question God and the things He has planned to happen in my life. Though it is hard to comprehend why things happen in this awful world, I have tried my best to stand firm in looking to prayer and to not ask questions.

To keep from going too far into my personal life, which you couldn't care less about, I will end the "All About Me" mess here. Most of what I feel compelled to write or blog about is exactly what happens on a specific day. i.e. - The stupidity embedded into the warped brains of the people walking around me everyday, the non-sense people come up with when they try and confirm an idea or action, and most of all, why people do what they do! I just may think I'm the only normal person in the world. And if that winds up not being the case, I am in for a rude awakening! But until then - I will continue to enjoy talking about the abnormal people around me!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I have been waiting for this! Love it!!!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get ready to see some laundry aired! I have a lot on my chest! I'm working on one right now that you are going to love...

    ReplyDelete